Sunday, July 22, 2007

Saratoga Streets


Last night Paul, Dave and I went out to a Mexican restaurant for dinner, right in the main street of Saratoga. As we were walking back to our hotel we noticed there were a few street musicians. There was a guy dressed as Elvis playing maracas with an old blues guy on banjo, a bunch of drummers on hand drums, guys playing acoustic guitar and so on. So Dave and I started getting into it so we ask a policeman on a horse what the laws were and he told us a good place to go play. The three of us went back to the hotel and went to the front desk and explained that we wanted to go play in the street, Dave on Sax and me on percussion and if they could loan us a few buckets. The guy at the front desk was cracking up and went into the kitchen of the hotel and came back with all these pots and pans. We ran up to my room with all this stuff and created a kit for me. Paul was funny he was running around my room taking pillows and towels and putting them inside the buckets to balance the sounds, so Dave and I took him on as our Producer/Engineer. Once we had it all together we walked back to the area where we would play. Paul was not only our producer and engineer he also became our camera man. As we were walking down the streets people were looking at us funny because we are carrying all these pots and pans. We finally found just the right spot to play and started setting up. There were a lot of clubs where we set up so there was a lot of walking traffic. Dave was great he just started kicking into all these tunes and I was jammin' on the pots. People were walking by and throwing money to us. At one point all these girls started dancing in the street, it was a blast. Check out the video that Paul captured, titled Saratoga Streets

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is hilarious!

I haven't laughed so much in ages!!

John, Dave & Paul -
You guys are just the best :-)

Sabrina said...

You´re crazy guys!!!
But it´s by far the best craziness one can have! :-)
Jeez, you must have had a lot of fun that night.
Love the vid too!
Nothing better than being spontaneous!
Cheers,
Sabrina

Jeromie Charpentier said...

WOW you were in my old stomping grounds. I used to go to open mics in Saratoga every week, it's how I put together my 3 hour set list. I wish I could have been there. Thanks for blogging, I feel like I was there.

Anonymous said...

Great work!
Couldn't you come to my next birthday party and play??!! :)

John Miceli said...

I'm not sure if we know Happy Birthday, but we'll work on it.
:)
John

Eva said...

I like this pot and pan video!! :-)
You are full with gags and fun!
Great!!

Love,
Eva